Ingersoll-Rand Federal Credit Union was established in July, 1961 with 8 Charter Members and has grown to over 5,400 Members. Our assets have consistently grown to reach over $57 million. We provide our Members with a variety of financial services from savings to investments to loans.
Ingersoll-Rand Federal Credit Union Field of Membership
If you work at one the places that are in our Field of Membership, you and your immediate family and any person in your household can join the credit union.
Ingersoll-Rand Federal Credit Union Field of MembershipThe following is a list of companies or organizations that are currently in our Field of Membership:
- Animal Care Sanctuary Employees who work in, or are paid or supervised from East Smithfield, PA
- Athens Area School District Students Employees & Board of Directors, Athens, PA
- Athens Borough Employees & elected or appointed Officials, Athens, PA
- Athens Health & Rehabilitation Center Athens, Pa
- Athens Township Employees and Board of Supervisors, Planning Commission, Park Commission and Sewer Authority of Athens Township,Athens Township, PATownship, PA
- Athens United Methodist Church Members,Athens, PA
- Avery-Dennison formerly Paxar- Sayre, PA , and Orangeburg, NY
- Bill's Carpet Cleaning, Inc., who work in or are paid from Barton, NY
- BLAM, Inc.,McDonald's), Sayre, PA
- Bradford Recovery Center
- Camco Manufacturing, Inc., Athens, PA
- Canton Area School District Students, Employees & Board of Directors, Canton, PA
- Church of the Redeemer Members, Sayre, PA
- Curione Dental Laboratory, Employees who work in, are paid or supervised from Elmira, NY
- Family Members
- FLOWSERVE, Scranton and Clark Summit, PA
- Flynn Energy, Wysox, Pa
- Friedman Electric Supply Company, Athens, PA
- Gino's Ristorante and Pizzeria, Employees who work in, are paid or supervised from Elmira, NY
- Gutierrez Machine Corporation, Athens, PA
- Henry Dunn Incorporated, who work in, or are paid or supervised from Towanda, PA
- Ingersoll-Rand Company, Former Employees and Retirees Athens, PA
- Jim's Marine and Travel, Inc., Nichols, NY
- Joe Murrelle Press, Sayre, PA
- Leprino Foods, Waverly, NY and Sayre, PA
- Martha Lloyd Community Services, Troy, PA
- Maximum Mobility, Sayre, PA
- Middendorf Contracting
- Milan Veterinary Clinic,Milan, PA
- M.R. Dirt
- Murrelle Printing Company, Inc., Sayre, PA
- N/C Industries, Inc., Sayre, PA
- PDS Solutions, Inc., Dunmore, PA
- Penn-York Opportunities, Inc. Employees & Board of Directors , Athens, PA
- ProCare Physical Therapy, Athens, PA
- Rail House Restaurant & Tap Room, Waverly, NY
- Royal Automotive Group, Owego, NY
- Rynone Manufacturing Corporation, Sayre, PA
- S&J Trucking and General Contracting, Employees who work in or are paid or supervised from Lockwood, NY
- Sayre Area High School Students, Students attending Sayre Area High School, Sayre, PA .
- Sayre Area School District Employees & Board of Directors, Sayre, PA and Blast Intermediate Unit 17 who work in the Sayre Area School District
- Sayre Christian Church Members, Sayre, PA
- Sayre Elks Lodge #1148, Sayre Elks Lodge #1148 in Sayre, PA
- Soprano’s Italian Market, Employees of Soprano’s Italian Market who work in or are paid from Waverly, NY
- Spaulding Memorial Library Employees
- State Line Auto Auction, Waverly, NY
- Susquehanna River Archaeological Center (S.R.A.C.) Employees and Members, Waverly, NY
- Valley Joint Sewer Authority Employees & Board of Directors, Athens, PA
- Williams Auto Plaza, Inc., Employees who work in, or are paid or supervised from Sayre, PA .
- Wyalusing Area School District Employees & Board of Directors , Wyalusing, PA
How to become a Member at Ingersoll-Rand Federal Credit Union
You become a Member when you open a regular share (savings) account with a minimum deposit of $5.00. Once this share account is established, Members are eligible for all services offered by the credit union.
Ingersoll-Rand Federal Credit Union's organization certificate was approved June 13, 1961 by the Bureau of Federal Credit Unions. The first eight Members (Charter Members) were enrolled in July 1961, and the Credit Union office was set up in a room provided by Ingersoll-Rand Company in their Athens Plant.
After the "Agnes" flood in June 1972, the office was moved to a temporary building and in January 1973, the Credit Union moved to their own building in the Ingersoll-Rand Company parking lot off Willow Street. The Credit Union continued to grow and when it outgrew the present facility, the Credit Union purchased part of the Ingersoll-Rand Company parking lot facing Main Street and erected a modern building in 1990 where you will find us located today.
The Ingersoll-Rand Federal Credit Union is a Member-owned, not-for-profit organization. Our goal is to meet the financial needs of our Membership by providing low-cost financial services. To achieve these goals, we will seek to maintain the Credit Union's long-term financial stability and growth while continuing the philosophy of "People Helping People."
What's a Credit Union?
A Credit Union is a cooperative, not-for-profit financial institution organized to promote thrift and provide credit to Members. It is Member-owned and controlled through a Board of Directors elected by the Membership. The Board serves on a volunteer basis and may hire a Management Team to run the Credit Union. The Board also establishes and revises policy, sets dividend and loan rates, and directs certain operations. The result: Members are provided with a safe, convenient place to save and borrow at reasonable rates at an institution which exists to benefit them, not to make a profit.